M1:- Small Chip, Giant Leap
Apple’s first chip designed specifically for Mac. Packed with an astonishing 16 billion transistors, the Apple M1 system on a chip (SoC) integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O and so much more onto a single tiny chip. With incredible performance, custom technologies and industry-leading power efficiency, M1 is not a next step for Mac – it’s another level entirely.
The 8-core CPU delivers up to 3x faster processing performance than the previous generation – all while keeping its iconic 19.7-centimetre square design.
The 8-core GPU in the M1 chip is the most advanced graphics processor we’ve ever built, full stop. And it brings the world’s fastest integrated graphics in a personal computer to Mac mini, with a gigantic 6x increase in graphics performance.
16-Core Neural Engine – Up to 15x Faster ML Performance
Machine learning (ML) brings task-smashing speed and automation to video analysis, voice recognition, image processing and more. And the M1 chip brings a 16-core Neural Engine and full stack of ML technologies, transforming Mac mini into an ML powerhouse.
macOS Big Sur
Developed to unlock the potential of the M1 chip, macOS Big Sur transforms Mac with major performance benefits and so much more. Powerful updates for apps. A beautiful new design. Industry-leading privacy features and best-in-class security.
Apple M1 Chip
- 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 8-core GPU
- 16-core Neural Engine
8GB Unified Memory
- Simultaneously supports up to two displays: One display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz connected via Thunderbolt and one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz connected via HDMI 2.0
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output supports: Native DisplayPort output over USB-C, Thunderbolt 2, DVI and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- HDMI 2.0 display video output: Support for one display with up to 4K resolution at 60Hz
- Built-in speaker
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- HDMI 2.0 port supports multi-channel audio output
- Wi-Fi: 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
Size & Weight
- Dimensions: (Height) 3.6 x (Width) 19.7 x (Depth) 19.7cm
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Maximum continuous power: 150W